DocuSign Ink – The first two weeks…
News from the DocuSign Blog
Submitted by: RE Technology
Well it’s only been out a little while, and already the world is buzzing about DocuSign Ink! We’ve had more than 100,000 downloads in the Apple App Store, and ranking in the top 10, with rankings as high as #2 in free productivity apps. These are good indicators we’ve hit on something everyone needs! We are seeing tens of thousands of documents being signed on mobile devices without pen and paper – everywhere in the world!
Here are some of the reviews:
- “It works perfectly – I’m throwing out my fax machine as I write this – thank you DocuSign.”
- “Nothing beats easy! Seriously! There are a lot of signing apps out there. This is how it should be!! ”
- “Two weeks ago I started using [competitor] and liked it. Now I’ve found DocuSign Ink and I love it! And it hooks up to my existing DocuSign account. Utter coolness.”
- “Absolutely terrific! What a concept, absolutely love this app! Best of all, it’s free, free, free. This is definitely a winner; I’d give it 10 stars if I could.”
Try it and see for yourself!
So, with DocuSign Ink literally EVERYONE has access to sign online on whatever device they want, and to do so with far more security than any other solution on the market. Since DocuSign Ink is new, I wanted to point out a few things about the application that you might not know…
- Changing your signature – Let’s say you signed up, and used “Superman” as the signature name, just to try out the app. Now you go to sign your NDA, and the signature says “Superman”… How do you fix that? You can reset your signature any time by clicking on Manage Identity, and then clicking Delete near your Superman signature. You can then adopt a new one with your real name. Do it as often as you need.
- Handling different date formats – In our first release, we support only one date format. However, you can place a text box on your document, and type whatever date format you want.
- Using with other applications – In the Apple iOS you can actually use DocuSign Ink with any other application that uses the Open In function. Just select DocuSign Ink from the list! Note: If you have more than 10 applications installed that support Open In, you might have to remove some to get DocuSign Ink to show up. Apple has a limitation of 10 apps here. You can also use DocuSign Ink with Outlook directly in your email.
- Sending a document to someone else to sign – Perhaps you have a document you’d like your client to sign. How can you use DocuSign Ink to do this? You have a few options; they all involve using one of your five Sends included free with your DocuSign Ink account. You see, the DocuSign Ink SIGNING process is only for your signature on documents others send to you. If you need to SEND a document to someone else to sign you can do so by using your web interface from any PC or Mac browser:
- Log into your DocuSign account at www.docusign.com.
- Click Send an Envelope.
- Upload the document to send, and add recipients.
- Drag/drop Sign here tabs for each person, and click Send.
- Your recipients will get an email requesting their signature.
- Using DocuSign Ink by email – This is really easy. Just send an email with attachments to sign to [email protected] and you will get a reply email in a few minutes with a hyperlink to a document to sign! No client needed at all!!
Thanks for all of your support! If you don’t yet have an account, get one now and start DocuSigning!