#GivingTuesday: How to Make an Impact on November 29
By Rose Slaton on the DocuSign blog
Submitted by: RE Technology
We don't just give because it's the right thing to do. Acts of kindness actually make us happier. It's no wonder that last year, #GivingTuesday raised over $116 million dollars from 700,000 donors. The annual day of philanthropy began in 2012 as a counterweight to Black Friday.
In the past five years, over 40,000 organizations from 71 nations have joined the movement and created some of the most successful digital donor drives in history. From encouraging thousands to register as organ donors, to raising funds to donate bicycles to school children in Africa, #GivingTuesday has proven a monumental success.
This year, #GivingTuesday takes place on November 29, and we encourage anyone and everyone to donate. For some that may mean money, for others, time. No matter how you choose to contribute, each and every gesture triggers actual change in the lives of many people around the world.
At DocuSign, we recently held our annual Global Impact Day. While it's our largest philanthropic event of the year, we believe it's important to support nonprofits year-round, particularly on #GivingTuesday. Whether you choose to support some of the organizations below, or want to choose from the multitude listed on GivingTuesday.org, we're excited to see the thousands of acts of kindness that will change multiple lives for the better this year.
- Miracle Foundation: The Miracle Foundation's mission is to bring life-changing care to orphans around the world. The foundation supports orphanages by providing quality healthcare, clean water, and scholarships for education.
- Treehouse: Treehouse's mission is to provide academic support, high-quality clothing, school supplies and more to children in foster care.
- Bailey House: Since 1983, Bailey House has been serving homeless individuals with HIV/AIDS. Together with their supporters, Bailey House provides life-changing services such as housing, health services, and community support.
- The Kids & Art Foundation: This nonprofit provides art workshops to children undergoing cancer treatment. The foundation brings professional artists to treatment centers, and helps children explore their creativity and create positive memories.
- Hand in Paw: Together with 150 professionally-trained volunteers, Hand in Paw helps improve the health and wellbeing of individuals through animal-assisted therapy.
The above are just some of the many organizations in #GivingTuesday's directory. Take a look at the full list here to find nonprofits, charities, and events in your community.
As a movement predominantly propelled by social media, #GivingTuesday also encourages its participants to post an #UNselfie. Share how you're giving, then post an #UNselfie and encourage your friends to give too.
Lastly, please stay tuned for another post on how organizations can leverage digital technology to help further strengthen their mission this #GivingTuesday.
To view the origina post, visit the DocuSign blog.