Email Marketing Tips for Real Estate Pros
An article from the Homes.com blog
Posted by: RET Staff
You are emailing clients and leads weekly, if not daily, not to mention you are most likely sending texts, too! Whether we are communicating wirelessly to remind each other about an appointment or we are using these tools for marketing purposes, they will be hearing from us in some electronic fashion. We have found some very useful tips and stats from sources like Hubspot, Inman News, KISSmetrics, Marketing Sherpa and many more to provide you these helpful lists below.
When sending emails, remember:
- Worst open rate for emails:– Sunday
- Top three days for open rate: Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday
- Best time to send: Between 2-4 pm
- Never send marketing emails between 4-9 am (statistics show the lowest open rate)
When managing your contacts, remember:
- Grow your list(s) at all times. The first email you send to your new opt in users will have the best open rate. However, it will decrease moving forward and won't increase until email five or six. This means you must be expanding your database regularly to make up for the fact that your open rate is going down. To even out the the norm, expansion is key.
- Create LISTS – plural. Statistics show that two to six different lists saw a better click through rate than just one list. Segmenting your main contact list into lists will benefit you in the long run because you can provide better targeted content. For example: Buyers, Sellers, Zip Codes, Families, Retired, Age, etc. (Two to six lists gained more clicks then one list, the statistics found.)