June Blogging Plan: 8 Topic Ideas
By Emily Williams, RET Content Coordinator
Posted by: RET Staff
For June, we want you to set a goal to write at least one blog per week, and we're going to feed you the topics so you have no excuse not to! Here are some great ideas that will work for any real estate professional, no matter where you live. I've even provided four alternatives in case you don't like the first four topics or simply feel ambitious and want to post more often.
Week 1: 10 Ways to Keep Busy During an Open House in [Your Town]
This is a post targeted at sellers. Oftentimes, agents are asked, "What am I supposed to do while you are showing my house?" This blog post would answer that question, with highlights from your community. You should include:
- Movie theaters, with links so that they can get show times
- The zoo or museums
- Outdoor activities i.e. kayaking, hiking and cycling (with links to pertinent resources)
- Flea markets, farmers markets and other community events
- Favorite restaurants (with links to Yelp! reviews)
- Things you can do anywhere (visit relatives, chat with neighbors, go to the car wash)
Week 2: Neighborhood Guides
I'm counting this as one blog topic, but this could actually be a series of blog posts with an article for each neighborhood in your community. In each article, you'll write about the unique housing situation in one specific neighborhood, detailing recent sales, average home price, schools, etc. Include: maps, images of recent sales, pictures of schools, and a few photos you snap of the neighborhood yourself.