A Primer for Blogging
By guest contributor Chris Brogan
Posted by: RE Technology
Guest contributor Chris Brogan brings us this post:
If you would like to get further into blogging, here is a brief primer:
1) Get a blog. (Easy: tumblr.com, wordpress.com, blogger.com.) *RE Technology note: see more real estate blogging tools in our product directory.*
2) Pick an area of focus, but one that has broad sides. (Mine: helping people do digital business in a human way.)
3) Start writing.
4) Start by planning to publish 1 post a week. (RE Technology note: Need help with this? Read our June Blogging Plan)
5) Get daring and try for 2 posts a week (eventually).
6) Make the posts more than 100 words and less than 1000 words most days.
8) Delete the sentences that don’t matter.
9) Realize that posts that are helpful to others get shared more than posts that are merely interesting.
10) Never write a “sorry I haven’t written” post. Ever.